Frequently Asked Questions
If you are a small or medium sized business and have shipping requirements it can be somewhat difficult to get a reliable, economical and convenient courier service. This is where iCarry.in comes into the picture. iCarry.in is the best economical courier solution for small businesses, e-commerce stores and home entrepreneurs who are looking for a courier service nearby to pick up their packages from their homes / workshops / offices. We can pick up any where in India and ship to your customers anywhere in India or abroad. Our automated, hassle-free shipping solution helps you deliver your shipments conveniently (pickups from your doorstep) and is less expensive than going to any courier centres or post office.
Some of the commonly asked questions asked by our clients before they sign up are mentioned below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to provide minimum number of shipments to enjoy your low rates ?
iCarry.in does not ask for any shipment volume guarantee. The rates mentioned on our home page are applied to your account. If your shipment volume increases you will enjoy discounted rates (less than on the home page) and additional services. These are customized and vary for each client.
2. Do I need a GSTIN to start shipping ?
The Government of India does not mandate GSTIN for sales under Rs. 20 lakhs annually. Hence we also do not mandate it. You can open an account and make shipments without providing a GSTIN to begin with. If additional KYC is needed at any point in the future we will let you know about it by contacting you via phone / e-mail provided in your account.
3. Will you pickup if I have only shipment to pickup ?
4. The system is asking me to do a top up before booking shipment. Is this compulsory ?
Yes. The shipping charges are deducted after shipment is delivered from the initial top up done to your iCarry wallet.
5. How can I get the money in my iCarry wallet back into my bank account ?
Money in iCarry account is credited into your bank account once you close your account with us. Refund is done as per the T&C.
6. How do I book a shipment ?
- Top up your account with the minimum account balance as per your chosen plan. This balance is like talk-time and has lifetime validity. It is fully refundable at time of account closure. As long as you have balance you can make shipments. The cost of shipment is deducted from your balance on delivery of shipment.
- Book EXPRESS Shipment (fast) or Book STANDARD shipment (economical) shipment and print shipping label (takes less than 2 minutes)
- Prepare the box and stick top part of shipping label (with barcode) on top of the box. The courier manifest is bottom portion of shipping label on which you should take the pickup executive details. Keep the courier manifest for your records.
- You are done! Just hand the box over to courier pickup executive who will come for pickup.
- You can track your shipment from My Shipments
7. Do I have to call someone for pickup ? Is there a pickup time ?
No. When you book the shipment a pickup request is also automatically generated. The pickup executive assigned will call you before pickup to ensure shipment is ready. Please ensure the shipment is boxed and ready, shipment label is printed from your account and pasted / taped on the box with barcode being clearly visible for scanning.
Pickups are done from afternoon till evening about 8 pm. If you have a shipment scheduled for pickup today then the pickup executive will call you first. Kindly return any missed calls as pickup executive may be trying to reach you. If pickup contact person is not reachable then pickup is skipped and will be automatically re-scheduled for next business day.
8. Where can I find the shipment label to paste on my parcel ?
The shipment label can be generated by simply clicking on the Print button/icon on right hand side of a shipment in My Account > My Shipments. The shipment label will be auto-generated with your logo (if uploaded in your profile), the courier name, barcode, customer address after you click on Print.
9. Is print out mandatory ?
Print Out is required as barcode on label has to be scanned during pickup (optional) and also during various aspects of the shipment's journey to ensure you get proper tracking information. Printers are inexpensive and shipment labels look professional adding to your business' brand image.
10. How can I make Cash on Delivery shipment ?
You can select 'COD' as shipment type instead of the default 'Prepaid' option during shipment booking.
11. How will I get the COD money collected ?
The money collected from your customer during COD shipment delivery is credited into your bank account or iCarry wallet depending on your preference (default is bank account). To get COD remittance into bank account you should update bank account details in your Account Profile.
12. When will I get COD remittance ?
COD remittance is done twice a week - Tuesday and Friday. Remittance is collectively given along with report for all delivered COD orders. You can view details of COD remittance in COD Remittance Report.
13. What is Volumetric weight ?
Volumetric weight is a derived weight based on volume occupied by your shipment.
For Standard Shipment -
- Volumetric weight is calculated as : L x B x H(cms)/4000.
- Example, if a 250gm item is shipped in a box of dimensions 17 x 10 x 15 cm with box weight of 100gm then:
- Dead Weight = 250 + 100 = 350gm
- Volumetric weight = (17 x 10 x 15)/4000 = 638 gm
- Chargeable Weight = 638 gm
- Note - To avoid volumetric billing please ensure efficient dimension of packing i.e. pack small items in small box with adequate packing material to avoid damage in transit.
14. What is Dead Weight ?
Dead Weight is the actual weight of the parcel measured with weighing scale
15. How am I charged - on volumetric weight or dead weight ?
Chargeable weight is Dead Weight or Volumetric weight whichever is higher. You can use Estimate Shipment Cost to understand the dead weight and volumetric weight of your shipment.
16. Where can I see the balance I have in my account ?
You can check balance of iCarry wallet in My Account > My Wallet.
17. How do I contact you for any problems or questions ?
18. How can you provide such low rates ?
We aggregate shipments over many clients resulting in thousands of shipments monthly for our courier partners. This allows them to give us good rates and we share the same with you (after keeping a small margin).
19. What happens if courier loses my parcel ?
By default, all shipments are provided with a maximum of Rs. 1000 insurance cover at no extra cost under our Lost In Transit Insurance program. This covers the value of shipment up to a maximum of the coverage value in case the shipment is lost unfortunately. Lost means that the shipment is not delivered or returned back in 45 days. You can also purchase additional insurance while booking shipment on website for an extra fee by clicking on "purchase insurance" checkbox which will be provided if additional insurance purchase is available for your shipment.
The value of shipment or the insured amount (whichever is lower) will be provided to your icarry wallet as a credit once it is established that shipment is confirmed Lost.
20. What happens if my contents are damaged ?
Courier has no liability and provides no insurance for damages in transit. If the external packaging is damaged or torn then courier may have liability up to the max of Rs. 1000 or insured amount in case additional insurance was purchased during shipment booking. Courier has no liability for liquid items and situations where leakage is seen on outside box as this is considered inadequate packing and lid may be loose.
Kindly advise your customers to not accept visibly damaged shipments but take pictures of same and share while opening complaint.
21. Can I send Fragile Items ?
Yes, you can. It is your responsibility to pack it properly. Fragile stickers are available in market and also can be printed from our site. Designs - Fragile 1 , Fragile 2 , Fragile 3, This Side Up . Please note that marking a shipment Fragile is not a guarantee but a guideline to courier to take care while handling. The shipment packing is still your responsibility.
22. Can I send liquid items by Express shipment mode (Air) ?
No. Liquid items can be sent only by Standard shipment mode.
23. Do you provide packing material or packing service ?
Sorry, we do not provide packaging material or packing service at doorstep.
24. How should I pack ?
Packing material to protect your contents for damage is based on the contents you are sending. For example, good quality envelope might be sufficient for sending a document but would not be adequate to send a bottle. Depending on contents the packing can be different to ensure chances of damage in transit are minimized. Assume that other parcels will be placed in cargo along with and on top of your parcel even for fragile marked items. Fragile items should be packed in cartons that will not crumple. So good quality thick microns cardboard should be used and there should be no gaps inside. In addition bubble wrap or use other packing to ensure items do not shake in transit. If bottles then leaks can happen from lids which come loose even if bottle itself does not break. So bottle lids should be sealed and taped properly. These are some precautions to take while packing. Fragile stickers and This Side Up stickers are a guideline for handling and not a guarantee. Packing is still ultimately the client's responsibility.